Monday, August 29, 2016

POEM: "Picasso Having a Bad Day"

Picasso Having a Bad Day


Why just the other night
listening to wine and sipping music
nursing the shadows and the light
I said to a beautiful woman:

Your face looks like half of the world's most perfect ass...

After which she slaps me
throws wine at me and walks away
some people have no imagination
some people are angry all the time

Today needing some small fingers
to crack a few dozen quail eggs for paint
I go down to the local playground
to look for some experienced children:

Let's see your hands. I'll show you how to crack my eggs...

Suddenly all the mothers are howling
they throw sand at me and chase me away
later back in my car pants down getting the sand out
a police car pulls up and starts asking questions.


© 2016 Rob Schackne

No comments:

Post a Comment